Thursday 9 August 2012

" Come Lord"


Since proof that Jesus visited India would have enormous historical implications, I've looked into the issue in far more detail than I have space to outline here. I would love to tell you the evidence is strong. But when I look at it clearheadedly, I can't honestly say that's true. Still, I haven't completely closed my mind to the possibility.



A colleague of mine, the president of the Himalayan Institute, pointed out that the oldest Christian Prayer (used by St. Paul in I Corinthians and by John in the Book of Revelation) is Maranatha, which in Aramic means "Come, Lord".

In Sanskrit, Marantha means " Lord of Love".

Oh, and one more thing. The name of the area near Srinagar, Kashmir where Jesus is supposed to have lived is-Amaranatha.

No comments:

Post a Comment